SJAM SSI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SJAM SSI

St John Ambulance Johor Bahru - Division 3 - SMK Sultan Ismail

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leejianwei

leejianwei

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-11

[b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Annual Camping 2009

Date: 9, 10, 11 June 2009
Venue: Hutan Bandar
Fee: RM15

All members are encouraged to join.This year's camp will be held with KRS and Pengakap. For this 3 days, members who participate will definetely gain a lot meanwhile having some fun. We also had made some arrangement so that members do not have to squeeze. All activity had been well-planned therefore we need your participation to suceed this camp. Thank you.
To ex-seniors, everyone is kindly invited to visit the camp as well.
For further information, you may contact the peoples on the list below.

Board of Committee of 23rd Annual Camping Year 2009
St. John Ambulance Malaysia SMK Sultan Ismail

Advisor
Tan Zhen Wei
Lisa Sona Jacob

President
Lee Jian Wei

Secretary
Eunice Tham

Treasurer
Chue Wen Xiang

Preparation Committee
Bay Joe Yee
Ng Yun Xuan
Lee Kuok Zhen
Sharon Chong

Disciplinary Committee
Neo Zhen Ying
Ong Li Yin
Lim Zhi Yu

Booklet, Promotion and Registration Committee
Chen Seat Theng
Ivan Gan Wei Ren
Mau Yao Hui

Food and Beverage Committee
Dylan Soh Chi Wen
Cheong Jia Li
Lim Xiao Wen

Photography Committee
Cheng Chia Lea
Wang Liang Hui

Cleanliness Committee
Kuan Hong Yap
See Toh Yiling

Welfare Committee
Low Kai Xin
Tey Qing fang
Back to top Go down
leejianwei

leejianwei

Male

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

The 23rd annual camp finally over..
anyone got any comments?
tel us ur point of view and which part of camp you enjoyed the most..
thks for let us noe so that make more improvement in the future activity...
Back to top Go down
chloeyap

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:38 pm

I enjoyed the part where I got to sleep. It was the best sleep I have ever had in my life...=.=

Erm... Seriously speaking, I quite enjoyed night journey... I think its very interesting to focus on how we should react to conscious victims who might be a bit crazy instead of just our usual unconscious dead person just lying there... So that was nice. =)

Uh... Treasure hunt was also good la. The story at least was less 0.o then last year's one. As for scary or not.. So-so la... Maybe because I've been for camping since form one, so this year it's like, know what to expect already... haha.

Overall very good ba, very very nice and enjoyable. =) hope we can do as good a job next year. =]
Back to top Go down
leejianwei

leejianwei

Male

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Erm.. the part for u all to slp is onli like tat, quite gud ady.. no much more u can complain lol..

As for the night journey, I would like to stress again about FIRST AID.

First aid is the provision of initial care for an illness or injury. It is usually performed by a lay person to a sick or injured casualty until definitive medical treatment can be accessed. Certain self-limiting illnesses or minor injuries may not require further medical care past the first aid intervention. It generally consists of a series of simple and, in some cases, potentially life-saving techniques that an individual can be trained to perform with minimal equipment.
In simple word, 1st aid means the care given before emergency medical help arrives - can literally mean the difference between life and death.

During the camp, we had taught u all briefly about 1st aid (for the juniors), you will learn some improvement on some method or even new way... Therefore, the station that u all had went is given with different scenario which are related with the 1st aid u had learnt.. u had to complete a task such as bandaging, conforting, CPR and many more in every station... the night journey aim for how would you apply 1st aid in real life scenario.. victim with weird behaviour is actually make the night journey more interesting and "scary".. haha..
Till the last station, each group is given a clue to find a word, that you need to think back what you have done in this camp to find the ans... Very Happy Very Happy
Luckily, u all enjoyed it and reli learnt something...
If whoever still have any enquiries can come to find us, we will try to help you.. Thanks Chloe for the comment!!
Back to top Go down
chloeyap

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah... Actually compared to last year or the year before, I also feel like got more sleeping time... or maybe because I had to shift longer. == either way it's obvious everyone was more energetic this year ba..

Even while the main point of Night Journey is first aid... The main thing that made it very good for me is that the victims were mostly conscious... Cos it seems like for us, we're always just doing case or practicing on people just lying there and acting dead, we wanna do what can just do... but with the conscious people is like, have to gain their trust, have to talk to them, have to console, before we can give first aid... so interesting and more realistic la haha =D
lol the word. == think so long then the answer is so straightforward. X)

erm. mentioned to Eunice already about the missing tent metal stick, so will wait till the kumpul to see if I can find it... And my group didn't get back the 3 brooms. Whatever la, one was from 4 Bijak anyway, so if lost... *buat tak tahu ^^* thats it i think =)
Back to top Go down
leejianwei

leejianwei

Male

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Because ur shift time is LONGER..

I agree with you.. But from this night journey, can easily see mistakes frm everyone, that is lack of sense of emergency, dunno how to apply 1st aid on real victim, how you control ur feeling and emotion when facing problem either panic or stay calm, etc.... many things still need to learn, but nevermind we would teach you all next time.. feel free to ask..

The things all you all had lost or what, write down in a list and wait till kumpul time juz tell.. thks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]   [b]Annual Camping 2009[/b] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[b]Annual Camping 2009[/b]
Page 1 of 1